2018 Calendar of Events
Please mark your calendars with the following meetings and events. If you are a member of the Garden State Golden Retriever Club, your participation is vital to keep the Club alive. Make a commitment to attend some meetings this year and support our events. You will enjoy our programs and our refreshments are always tasty.
We invite all our members to attend. As a group we cannot have a successful club without the volunteer efforts of our members and for that we extend a heartfelt thanks!
We look forward to seeing new and old faces; these meetings not only give us an opportunity to educate our members but also provide an opportunity to socialize, share ideas, our successes and of course brag about our wonderful dogs.
The Garden State Golden Retriever Club meets several times per year for informative lectures that are usually held at the Mountain Lakes Library and other various venues depending on the activities and/or programs planned. Links to the other venues will be provided within the schedule below.
The Mountain Lakes Library
29 Elm Road
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
- o6 – Annual [Members Only] Election Meeting & Member Appreciation and Awards BUFFET BRUNCH 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
- 10 – Meet The Breeds at the Westminster Meet & Compete on Pier 92& 94 in New York City
- 20 – Executive Board Meeting, 7:30 PM (Conf Call)
- 27 – General Meeting, Mountain Lakes Library – 7:30 PM
- Program: TBD
- 08 – Executive Board Meeting, 7:30 PM (Conf Call)
- 19 – (Saturday) General Meeting –
- Location Pleasant Valley Veterinary Services [32 Pleasant Valley Road, Washington, NJ 07882]
- Time 1:00 PM meeting……..
- Program: There will be a K9 Nose-Work fun day during the second half of the meeting.
More details will follow
- July – NO MEETINGS, PROGRAMS OR EVENTS
- 07 – Executive Board Meeting, 7:30 PM (Conf Call)
- TBD – General Meeting – In conjunction with a Dock Diving fun event at Dennis & Ginnie’s. (Time TBD)
- Program: Regional Specialty Preparation…….
- Annual Golden Retriever Obedience/Rally Match Trial will be replaced this year by the GRCA Eastern Regional Specialty Trials to be held Thursday September 6, 2018 at North Branch Park
- 06 – Executive Board Meeting, 7:30 PM (Conf Call)
- TBD – Annual Elections Meeting (Members Only) – Location TBD
- NOTE: The 2017 Annual Elections Meeting was postponed from December 5th 2017 due to weather conditions and will be held in conjunction with the 2018 Annual Member Appreciation and Awards BRUNCH on January 6th, 2018.