The Garden State Golden Retriever Club
is holding its agility trial in conjunction with Somerset Hills KC
215 Durham Ave., Metuchen, NJ 08840
Monday, June 11, 2018
For more information visit: TBD
AKC agility has four levels of competition: Novice, Open, Excellent and Masters. At each level the courses get harder, the course times get shorter and the number of faults allowed in order earn a qualifying run (a “Q”) decreases. There are five AKC agility games.
- “Standard” consists of all the AKC agility obstacles (various types of jumps, open tunnels, chute, weave poles, A-frame, dog walk, teeter and pause table).
- “JWW” (Jumpers with Weaves) consists of jumps and weaves and sometimes a tunnel.
- “FAST” (Fifteen And Send Time) is a gamblers choice type of game where the obstacles are pointed and the handers make up a course that must include a designated sequence of obstacles handled from behind a distance line. The dog with the most points in the allotted time wins.
- “T2B” (Time to Beat) is an all-out race over a speed course. The fastest dog wins the class and 10 points; all other dogs that complete the course earn points based on how close they come to the winner’s time.
- “Premiere” is designed to challenge dogs and handlers at an increased speed and skill level above Masters. The courses are more technical and incorporate varied approach angles (including backsides), spacing, and obstacle discriminations.
In addition to the AKC competition, we’ll be offering “Glory Runs” – a special attraction designed to give retired or disabled agility dogs one more time in the ring. We’ll be breaking the trial around 9 am to cheer for these special dogs as they have a chance to play this fun game they love so much.
Agility is a great spectator sport! Garden State Golden Retriever Club encourages folks to come watch our trial!